This workshop, organised by the Tomas Bata University in Zlín, will bring together stakeholders concerned with the regional energy future, including academia, business, public sector, local government and NGOs.
Using innovative storytelling methods, the workshop aims at promoting a sustainable energy future and positive perception of renewable energy sources. Smart city best practice and municipal bioenergy projects will be presented and discussed. A presentation by professor Milan Zeleny, one of the most cited Czech economists opens the workshop.
- Reasons and solutions to incoherency of national and regional energy strategies with municipality action plans
- Possibilities of municipalities to be energy self-sufficient
- Best practice examples of smart village/city/region
- Perspectives of electromobility in the Zlin region
The invited participants include:
- NGO Veronica Hostětín (implementing a number of sustainable projects, including a biomass plant in the village)
- Valašské Meziříčí (currently working on the smart city concept)
- Regional energy agency
- Local university (Tomas Bata University)
- Local energy companies
- Zlin region authority
The 16th SHAPE ENERGY workshop brought together stakeholders concerned with the regional energy future, including academia, business, local government and NGOs.