Within SHAPE ENERGY, an Early-Stage Researcher (ESR) internship programme was designed to both offer H2020 projects new energy-SSH research expertise, and enable participating ESRs to:
- meet a new work team and adapt to a new work environment;
- learn about a H2020 energy/transport project;
- carry out specific tasks in a short period of time to meet concrete needs;
- acquire new skills in a multidisciplinary work environment;
- acquire new (sometimes technical) knowledge in the field of energy.
In this report, the process of selection of the ESRs and the host H2020 energy-related projects is presented, key findings that came out of the ESRs ‘internship diaries’, as well as ways the Platform worked with the ESRs to communicate their experiences.