- Those evaluating EU funding proposals play a powerful role in determining what constitutes e.g. rigorous, credible, robust, meaningful and even achievable energy research, and therefore in determining which proposals are funded.
- Energy-SSH researchers need to be more embedded within these discussions, not least when decisions regarding what energy-SSH research and innovation should be funded.
- The EC is only able to invite an (energy-SSH) expert to evaluate proposals if they are already signed up to the proposal database. Better representation of diverse disciplines in these databases is therefore essential – alongside other priorities such as gender representation – in addition to the EC reflecting on how the portal itself is setup for firmly SSH expertise (e.g. drop-down options for detailing research expertise).
- SHAPE ENERGY researcher database?
- Give CORDIS weblink to signing up to the proposal database?